This morning, my parents and I drove to the show and got everything set up, and now all I have to do is wait for the opening and the "Meet the Artists" event tonight. I am excited to get feedback on my work and also see the work of other local artists and art students. I am a little busy today and this weekend, but I will post pictures of my display soon!
"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23
Friday, July 30, 2010
Art Show
Over a year ago, I put together samples of my grade 12 art and applied to the Bruce Penninsula Art Show bursary award for extra funding of my post secondary education. When I attended my commencement from high school, I found out that I had won the bursary, but the catch was that I must participate in their annual art show in the summer. I didn't think much of it then, since summer seemed so far away, but it definitely did creep up on me, because it starts tonight! I am showing my favourite of my first year art, which includes paintings, prints, photographs, and one piece I made for my design class. On the side, my mom gave me the idea to also sell mini photo cards with my nature photography. I am so honoured to have this opportunity to display my first year work! Another bonus is that my sister is coming up from her co-op term in Toronto so she can spend the weekend with the family and see the show!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your display looks awesome and I love the cards but of course you know that already. Good luck!
ReplyDelete