"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vacation: Day 2

In the last week, I have been so busy that blogging about our family vacation completely slipped my mind, and now I am very behind! So now, in the next week or so I am going to try to catch up. This blog is going to cover my second day of our vacation, which was our first full day in Ignace. The day started with a walk to the Post Office and some geocaching. We walked by my Oma and Opa's old property and the creek where Emma and I would swim and watch for leeches when we stayed over. We had a lot of great memories there.


We also went on a walk to some Canada Lillies nearby, but I didn't get too many good pictures of them. I really loved the beautiful orange colour Indian Paintbrush flowers that we saw on our way from Winnipeg to Ignace. We also saw so many beautiful wild Irises scattered about the town.




On the way home from our picture taking, Ginger and Lindor (the dogs of my Oma and Opa and Aunt and Uncle) played together and fought over a stick that Lindor made for himself. These two were so much fun to watch! My dad also got to go sailing with Opa, but as you can see in the clouds, the weather was strange and the wind was so erratic that they had to return sooner than planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment