"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thoughts on Week 1

After my first week of classes, I think I am in for a good semester. All of my studios — Print Media II, Photography III and Experimentation in Past and Present Techniques — seem awesome! Since they are all classes that I have chosen myself (and aren't courses I have to take), I know I will enjoy them all. It also looks like I won't have to buy too many supplies or materials on my own for them also, which makes me, and my wallet, very happy. I am already working away on my first projects in all of them and I'm excited to share them when they are done!

My UTM classes are Sociocultural and Linguistic Anthropology and Baroque Art and Architecture, which are classes I kind of have to take, so I'm not extremely excited about them, but they seem like they will be fine! I actually haven't taken Baroque yet since classes started on Tuesday and it is on Mondays.

This weekend, Paul drove down for a visit and we ended up having a great time! We explored Mississauga both on foot and in car, but not on public transit — a first! This year, Paul has his own car and it is very nice to have him drive me around! We went for a walk to enjoy the beautiful weather (especially after the cold spell we had) and ended up geocaching! There are a lot around where I live so we will have to find them before the snow arrives! We also went for a nice sushi dinner to celebrate the fact that we've been dating for 4 years. It sound like a really long time, but definitely doesn't feel like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment