"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23

Friday, November 25, 2011

Art and Art History Awards

This post is looong overdue! On November the 15th, I attended the annual Art and Art History awards at Sheridan. I was informed before that a bunch of my friends and I were all going to receive awards. I was very surprised to see that I had won two awards - Excellence in Sculpture 1 and Excellence in Photography 2. For all of the sculpture award recipients, the sculpture professors had created these fun little sculpture-trophies. Mine is shown below - unfortunately, I dropped it while hugging a friend, but I was able to fix everything except for the plexiglass bird (which was my favourite part). I just love how the one detail says "cut this out." I also won a gift certificate to the Sheridan bookstore as part of the sculpture award, which will definitely come in handy! For the photography award, I won a year membership and a bunch of publications from Gallery 44 in Toronto, which is a centre for contemporary photography. I can't wait to get there and sign up!





Now I am pretty much done my classes - I just have two left on Monday, and then two exams mid-December. I can't believe how fast this term has gone by, but I am also very excited to go home for the holidays after my exams!

1 comment: