It's been a crazy week!
On the weekend, I participated in my school's 11th Annual Arts Festival. I showed four of my artistic works from over the years in Photography, Print Media and Sculpture—my paper phone casts are below. I took pictures for the Arts Fest posters, and I was asked to take more pictures at the event. It was really fun, and great event photography experience! I was also able to meet and discuss my work with a really nice man who considered my photography pieces two of his three favourites in the show. It was so encouraging to know that I can reach people I don't even know through my work.
On Monday, a bunch of my friends and I went to the Mandarin to celebrate our friend Siobhan's birthday. It was really nice to get out of the house and have a good visit. Other than that, the rest of the weekend was spent working on homework and trying to relax in between. I had a research paper for my Consumer Culture class and a Midterm in my Art Since 1945 class to study for on Wednesday. I also have things due after reading week which I want to get a head start on.
Wednesday afternoon, Paul visited me after my midterm for a quick "Valentine's" visit before I leave for vacation. We went out for sushi at our new favourite place in Mississauga. It was such a nice surprise to see him :)
I can't believe reading week is so soon! Emma, Brenda (Emma's friend), and I are flying down to the Dominican Republic on Saturday to meet up with a whole bunch of our family on my mom's side. I have been packing here and there throughout the week, but I don't think the fact that it's happening so soon has hit me quite yet. I'm still in school mode right now. I'll be taking my DSLR camera on the trip and am so excited for the picture opportunities that will be there!
I also received my 200th iStock download today! I can't believe it's already 200, considering my 100th download was only in September. Once I have 250 downloads, I can become an exclusive contributor to iStock, which is very exciting. This is download #200:
Hopefully you are all doing well, and I can't wait to share my pictures with you when I get back!



No comments:
Post a Comment