"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 23

A picture of your favorite book

My favourite book is The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. I read it for my english class in grade 10 and I have loved it ever since. I can really relate to some of the things the main character says, regarding innocence, change, love, phoniness, and I love the style of writing, like it's one continuous thought. This book has amazing quotes, an I have included my favourite quote below:


"The best thing, though, in that museum was that everything always stayed right where it was. Nobody’d move… Nobody’d be different. The only thing that would be different would be you… Certain things they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone. I know that's impossible, but it's too bad anyway."

And here is another good and really famous one:

"Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment