Hello World! It feels like life has been whizzing by for the past couple of months. I haven't blogged in a while so I figured I would share what's been going on in my life.
Work has been busy, busy, busy, which is definitely a good thing! I've been working on some really cool projects which I'm so excited to add to my portfolio once I'm done my tenure. One of the things I worked on was the Swag Catalogue, where I photographed and edited around 100 items. They were all edited to the result of a white background, photoshopped shadow, and reflection. In total, I probably took close to 1,000 images, and edited over 150 of the selected photos for the catalogue. Two associates and myself even won awards for the work we did on the catalogue. I've also been busy in the photo studio with lots of fun shoots, and lots of really cool prospective assignments coming up.
iStock has been very busy also. I love being an exclusive contributor because my images get approved within 2 days (it used to be up to 2 weeks!), and downloads seem much more worthwhile. I have tons of images to be uploaded and so many photo shoot ideas floating around in my brain. Although working full time conflicts with my dedicated iStock time, I'm trying to make it work and stay encouraged.
I have also been researching to find out how I can get my Word Art Wednesday images printed so I can get that part of my site ready to go. I love creating word art and can't wait to see where it can take me.
Weekends have been usually spent away from my temporary home, which has been really fun, but gets me behind on doing little things like cleaning, going grocery shopping, and doing laundry. I look forward to the next weekend I can relax and get caught up on things.
I was able to go home for Father's Day, which was really fun because we got to go sailing. I love being on the water. Last weekend I visited Paul in Wasaga Beach and enjoyed the nice weather (and air conditioning!). This weekend I am going to visit Emma and the dogs in Waterloo. I can't wait for the fun times I know we will share.
In other news, Paul graduated and got his very first paramedic job in the same day! It's a part time 1-year contract with the ER Academy, based out of Toronto. A big congrats to him!
Anyway, what I thought would be a quick update has turned into a short essay, so I will make this short. Thank you for reading about my life these days and I hope you are all doing fantastic!
I want more updates!
ReplyDelete