"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sculpture Project

Hello everyone! I'm really excited about the cardboard can opener I finished for my sculpture class today, and I just wanted to quickly share some pictures. Basically, the project was titled "Analytic Form," and the idea was to pick an everyday, recognizable object and enlarge it, made out of cardboard. We were to use three different methods of construction - lamination, open cavity, and skin. The object I chose was a can opener, and I made the cardboard version five times bigger. I am very happy with how it turned out, and here are some comparative pictures below to show what it looks like compared to the original.


I really enjoyed doing this project, although all of the measuring and enlarging did get quite frustrating. In the end, I was able to make the can opener work, so the handle turns the gear and the slicing disc also moves. It was really neat to see all of the other objects people enlarged today. There was a candle holder, a camera lens, two staplers, a combination lock, a spray bottle and more!

3 comments:

  1. That is insane. You are amazing! So impressive that it works!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebs, this is absolutely FANTASTIC! :D (so much better than mine haha!)

    ReplyDelete