"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Skiing and a $6 fisheye lens

Today, my dad took the day off work so we could do something fun together. We had been planning to to to Blue Mountain to do some downhill skiing, but I chickened out and today we rented cross-country skis from a local outfitter and took them for a test run. It was the first time either of us had been skiing in a long time, so there were a few small falls (and maybe some bruises too) but it was definitely a fun experience!


After returning our gear, I hopped down to the hardware store and picked up a 180° peephole in hopes to make a cheap fisheye lens for my camera. Then I took a generic 52mm lens cap and drilled a hole in the centre to push the peephole through. Here is what the lens looks like:


And here are my first few shots with the new addition:


Not the greatest quality, but definitely fun to use!

1 comment: