"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23

Monday, October 24, 2011

Surprise Weekend

On my first post in October, I commented that I couldn't wait to see what surprises October had in store for me. I made sure I specifically used this word, because of an even that Emma and I started planning in August— a Surprise Party to celebrate our parents' 25th Anniversary. We had it planned so that our parents had no idea we would even be home that weekend, so seeing us, and everyone else (including our family from Ignace!) was a complete surprise. I will never forget the look on their faces when they saw us!

Planning an event 3 hours from where Emma and I live entailed a lot of hard work and stress, but with the help of friends and family, we were able to pull everything together to create an almost seamless event. We had such a great time celebrating with our closest family and friends. I wish the visiting never had to end!

I wasn't able to take my camera home, so I will share some pictures my dad's friend took.




1 comment: