So much has happened in the past year and it is definitely time for an update. Now that 2014 is here, I've decided it's time to start blogging again.
2013 was so good to me. I learned so much, made some mistakes, experienced some major milestones and had a lot of fun! In 2013, I stood beside my friend on her wedding day, got my best mark on a university-level paper, saw my favourite band in concert twice, saw the ballet, graduated from university, started a Facebook page for my business, rented my first car, got engaged to the love of my life, celebrated my Opa's 80th birthday, shot two engagement sessions, showed my art in two galleries, bought a couch, and had the busiest season on my Etsy shop to date with 18 orders in three months. Of course, none of these would have been possible with out some hiccups and sacrifices along the way.
Now it's 2014 and there are so many things to look forward to. On June 27th, Paul and I get married, and then we will live together in Barrie. Paul is currently living in Barrie and working across Simcoe County as a Paramedic. I will search for a new job, and continue with my Etsy and Photography businesses. Paul and I have been through a lot over the past 6 and a half years, and I know that we can make it through anything we set our minds to.
In the meantime, there is a lot to do in terms of the wedding. Wedding planning is definitely overwhelming at first. I've never been one to have huge birthday parties and get togethers, and I never like being in the centre of attention. This makes planning a wedding — which is essentially a huge celebration of the love Paul and I share — very difficult. However, it is a milestone I've been looking forward to for a very long time, and I'm eager to make it happen. I know I won't regret one minute of it once the day comes. I have so many personalized and DIY details that will keep me busy. My boss at the print shop is away for all of January and my hours are reduced, which will give me lots of time to make some headway on those plans. I'm planning on posting updates in the upcoming months for anyone who is interested.
This blog post is getting long, so I'll leave it at that for now.
Until next time,
Rebecca


No comments:
Post a Comment