"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23

Monday, January 27, 2014

Quilt is done!

A week or so ago, Paul came up to visit and we spent some time laying out the quilt. This week I sewed all of the pieces together. 168 squares into 84 pairs, into 42 large squares, into seven strips, then the final quilt. It is by no means perfect as I am not a professional, but it is something I am so very proud of. 

Then, my mom and I figured out which colours would be best for the border and finished it off today. We are planning on leaving it as is so it's easier to sign for our guests. But the craftaholic in me wants to complete it while I have so much time!

I love the idea of a 'guest book' option that Paul and I will use rather than store away in a bookshelf. 


No comments:

Post a Comment