Well, wedding prep is officially underway. Now that I've finally shaken my cold, I'm ready to jump into action. My week goes like this: Monday and Tuesday I'm working at the print shop and when I get home I spend some time working for my Etsy shop, rdprints. Wednesday to Friday I sleep in a little bit, then I help my mom inputting into the databases for Squigly's Playhouse. After that, I brainstorm and work on wedding things.
The first and most pressing thing on our list is making a quilt. I saw online somewhere an image of a wedding where they had their guests sign a quilt instead of a book, and right away I knew I wanted the same for my wedding. First, Paul and I looked for a pattern we both really liked, and my dad helped us figure out how much fabric of each colour we would need. Then, my mom and I booked time back in September 2013 to go to a local fabric sale. There we were able to find all the fabric we needed (and more) in the perfect colours and patterns.
The past few days for me have been primarily working on the quilt. Ironing, cutting, placing, pinning, sewing, cutting, ironing. All of our squares for the face of the quilt are finally done!
We already used one of our fabrics to make 90-100 small favour bags. Thanks to my mom's sewing expertise, we finished them in no time. We now even have left over fabric which we can use to make small table runners for the reception!
Paul and I already have our favours. Since they are consumable and tightly air-sealed at the moment, we can't assemble them until right before the wedding. I've been getting everything else ready to make that process much easier, because I have no doubt in my mind that mid-June is going to be a very busy time.
Not only that, but my schedule has also been filling up with wedding related appointments. Meetings with our venue, food tastings, wedding dress fittings are some. Wow. This is actually happening!
Paul and I also made the decision to add four of our friends to the wedding party. We wanted them there from the start, but decided to keep numbers down and made cuts. The other day, after reading an article titled "What I would re-do about my wedding," it dawned on me that I would re-pick my bridal party to include those two friends. I talked to Paul and he agreed, and invited two of his friends into his side of the party. This means we need to get my two new bridesmaids fitted and ordering their dresses as soon as possible. Luckily, they can both go this weekend. I'm so happy they can be a part of our big day.
Here on out, my mom and I are brainstorming creative decor ideas for the ceremony and reception. This whole process has been so exciting and I know it is going to be so worthwhile.
Until next time,
Rebecca
No comments:
Post a Comment