On Wednesday night, I checked my email and noticed I had an email through the "Contact" page on my site. It was from one of my followers, and he was requesting to buy three of my photo prints. The email started with "I've been a fan of your site for a while..." and I immediately recognized the email address—he was also the very first follower of my blog.
After reading the email and digesting everything he said and was requesting, my first instinct was to panic. Having just made an announcement my gift shop's opening the day before, I had absolutely no supplies for making and matting photo prints whatsoever. What had I gotten myself into? Then I started to get really excited, because of the realization that this person, who I have never met before in my life, discovered my site, likes my photography and wants to buy prints. It's truly amazing to know that I have fans out there!
The next day, I woke up early and started phoning around to see what stores close to me had the supplies that I was looking for. I also had to find out where I should my photos printed, and how to put them together. Then, I had to go out and actually get the things, print the pictures, put them all together, and send them on their way. It has been a long and tiring process. I'm so happy to have had the time to complete everything and grateful to have had this experience. I can't wait for the next order!
Here is a picture of the final product:

No comments:
Post a Comment