"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Birthday Weekend

This past weekend was my birthday. I turned 21 and had the pleasure of celebrating it over the entire weekend with my roommates, boyfriend, friends and family. On Friday night, Paul drove up and my roommates took me out to a local bar. I don't really go out much, but it was really nice to have a break from work and get out of the house to go dancing!


On Saturday, my sister took a bus to come visit me, and my friend from Burlington stopped by quickly with her adorable pup Lola. Then, Emma, Paul and I went to a "family fun" day to see my friend Rebecca who was working at the event. We also saw an Emergency medical team do an extrication demonstration. Or, in other words, the too apart a car with the "jaws of life." It was so neat! Shortly after that, we went to meet up with my parents and the dogs, who had driven up for the day. We walked around a local park we used to visit often when we lived in the area. After we were tired of walking and talking, we stuffed our faces at a delicious thai restaurant! That night, after my parents left to head home, we met up with Paul's friends from college at Playdium for some games.




On Sunday, Emma, Paul and I met up with my friend Emily for a lunch date. It was so much fun! Later that day, Paul and I drove Emma back to Waterloo and had dinner and desert there. I'm so thankful I was able to see so many amazing friends on my special day!


No comments:

Post a Comment